June 8, 2020
Current summer camp guidelines state:
· Each session must have a stable group of no more than 12 campers. Campers cannot be enrolled at other camps with overlapping dates.
· Campers may not change from one group to another.
· All teachers must remain stable and stay with only one group throughout the camp duration.
· All teachers must wear face coverings for the duration of the camp, except to eat.
· Campers under 12 are encouraged to wear face masks.
· Students must adhere to 6 feet distancing throughout the day.
· Costumes and props cannot be shared.
· Health professionals roundly discourage group singing.
· An audience in the theater for any end-of-camp performance would not be possible.
To remind our long-time Cinnabar campers and inform our new Cinnabar friends, the July summer camps are undoubtedly the most exciting time at the theater as we come together in one big group to celebrate our love of musical theater and put together one heck of a show over four weeks.
Cinnabar’s 2019 summer camps (Disney’s Frozen Jr) consisted of two overlapping camps over five weeks; one with a cast of 60 7- to 11-year-olds and the other with a cast of 40 12 and ups. Both camps had the same teaching staff of six instructors, with our younger camp having five to 10 teen counselors. Each camp performed four shows to audiences totaling 1,040 patrons. We simply cannot mount our summer camps to comply with the necessary public health guidelines.